Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Alzheimer's- Double your Donation until Sept.21st

This is an email I received from www.alz.org. Please donate! It's legit and tax deductible. Every little bit counts!!! Save a friend, a love oned, a stranger, or even yourself! Donate to find a cure!
"WORLD ALZHEIMER'S DAY, SEPTEMBER 21"
Calling all Alzheimer Champions - your time is running out to make a gift that can go twice as far in the fight against Alzheimer's disease!
As 2008 World Alzheimer's Day approaches on September 21, the Alzheimer's Association National Board of Directors is recognizing the incredible significance of this global event by providing a generous $250,000 World Alzheimer's Day Challenge Grant.
Remember, your gift of $25 can be worth $50… $35 can be worth $70…
In fact, any amount you send can be worth twice as much to help us raise awareness, support innovative research, and reach out to the skyrocketing number of people and families confronting this ravaging disease.
But you must donate now! This matching gift opportunity absolutely has to end on September 21, 2008.
Thank you for being an Alzheimer Champion --- and helping us make the most of this important opportunity in our battle against Alzheimer's disease.
Sincerely,Angela GeigerVice President
P.S. See another Alzheimer Champion, David Hyde Pierce, who shared his personal story on The Early Show and urged others to give to this year's World Alzheimer's Day Challenge Match.

Urgent!
Match ends on September 21This is your last chance to have your donation to fight Alzheimer's doubled!
DONATE NOW
Tell a friend

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My sister is 57 and has had early onset for approx.10 years and is progressing quickly. She can't communicate and she can't take care of herself. She has a very difficult time feeding herself and has no interest in her children. She cries all the time. Her dog is what she focuses on. She has a 19 year old daughter who is struggling and grieving and feels so alone. She has drifted away from all her friends because it is so hard to watch them with their moms. She has gone to support groups and no one there is dealing with early onset, they are all old dealing with the elderly. She has been in therapy but isn't right now, however, I am going to get her back in therapy. My sister is still living at home. My niece needs someone who understands to talk to, would you be willing to communicate with her? When I
called the local Alz. Assoc. to find someone who might have already gone through this, there was only one and she didn't want to talk about it. My email is geegerx7@yahoo.com. If you want, you can email me directly.

Wolfdogz said...

I have no problem talking about how I have coped with my mother's illness. My email address is:
EarlyOnsetAlz@Aol.Com. I can't guarantee an instant reply, but I will as soon as I can.

Anonymous said...

I always enjoy your blog.