Sunday, August 3, 2008

Types of Alzheimer's.

Alzheimer's and Dementia are pretty much the same, but did you know about Early Onset Alzheimer's? My mother has it, at the ripe age of 56, she is in stage 6.8 out of 7. Early Onset Alzheimer's can hit you as early as your 30's. My mother is a wonderful person and did not deserve to get this disease. She was a Psychology Major, she attended church regularly, counseled rape victims, was a vet tech for over 10 years. She also raised 3 kids, went to college, worked, and had time to help any person or animal she could. My mom was placed in a nursing home (not by my choice!) in 2003. She has stopped walking, she is on puree diet, I have heard her say 6 words, maybe, in the past 6 months, and Atrophy has taken over her extremeties. However, the only greatful thing about this disease is she is not in pain. Mainly with Alzheimer's it's the family members that feel the pain. This is a picture of my mom. With some hair dye, she looks good. This disease has aged not only her mind but her looks also. With her hair white, she looks 80 easy. I know the end is coming, I just can't accept the person it's coming too! It is hard to lose anyone, but I can assure you losing someone quick, is no comparison to watching them fade away to nothing. The original saying was I think so n so has Oldtimer's and the saying came from people normally 65 and older developing this disease, now it's not the case you can be developing it as early as 30's and the horrible part is they say it can be passed through generations. This is a new blog, so give me sometime to place more info and comments on it. I will be putting my on posts on here and info from Alzheimer's websites, also including info of meds, warning signs and so on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Wolfdogqueen,
Yes I do know about Early Onset Alzheimers as my father was diagnosed with it at age 54. Its been ten years now. Anyways, just commenting so that you know why I have clicked on the 'Become a Follower' button. Just wanted to show support, as I know how this situation feels.
Take Care,
Nat

Vera S said...

My husband has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's in 2016 there's a herbal foundation in Cape Town they cured my husband  Alzheimer's disease . Pm me i will give their details. People can search about them on Google or youtube (Multivitamin Care ). My husband faced many difficulties and was in several depression, Trouble understanding visual image, aggression ,so many,. This thing happened to him at a very crucial stage of our life. PM if someone needs info or contact them directly Multivitamincare org  they cured 100% of Alzheimer with their herbal formula .