Sunday, June 28, 2009

My mom means the world to me!

As you can see my Mom is still hanging on. We were told she had Early Onset Alzheimers' in 2003. For 6 long painful and emotional years. We don't know exactly how much time she has left, but she is fighting as hard as she can. Unfortunately, the Atrophy has set in. Her arms are criss-crossed, they are stiff as a board. Rehab has been trying to help, but no success. They are scared they will break her arms/hands if they force them open. Yesterday, I had my beautician come in and cut her hair. (This is her new haircut). My Dad told me he wanted her long hair gone, but I didn't want it to be too short. Her hair is so beautiful, I cried when she cut it off. Atleast with it not being in a pony tail she won't get a headache from it being to tight. I just want my mom to be as comfortable as possible.

1 comment:

Alzheimer's Team said...

This is never an easy situation. I am really having a hard time with the fact that my dad has Alzheimer's. Hang in there. She needs your support!

Krista