Friday, November 7, 2008

Mom's Neurologist Appt.

Yesterday, Mom went to a Neurologist. My mother has been opening her mouth in a position as if she wants to talk but nothing comes out. Her tongue is also rolled completely to her right side of her mouth. The Neurologist thinks she has had a Massive Stroke on top of the Early Onset Alzheimer's. The 12th of November she goes for a Cat Scan and the 13th for an EEG. At her Care Plan Meeting yesterday, I asked for Early Onset was is the Span compared to regular Alzfeimer's. They said Max 10 years. My mom got in a car accident Feb. 2003 that is how we found out she had it. We don't know how long before then that it had developed. So I am assuming from now till 2013, I will lose my mom all together. I have swallowed my pride and accepted the disease she has and I know death is coming sooner than later. I can deal with the Alzheimer's part with her forgetfulness but when pain becomes a factor it's harder to cope with. I know my mother can still hear me and wants to talk , she trys but nothing comes out. I love you MOM forever and Always!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bless your heart. Mine goes out to you and your mother.